We'd definitely advise that you familiarise yourself with the materials we use to make our products, in order to manage your waste correctly and environmentally consciously. To help you out, we've compiled lots of information and written some useful guides about our products and materials, as well as other environmental topics. Please read our guides here!
All of our equipment coverings are made from nature and are designed to return to nature.
The material used to make our equipment coverings and packaging is part of a broad family of an innovative bioplastics that have very similar characteristics to traditional plastics, but unlike traditional plastics, are fully biodegradable and compostable. This means they are both industrially and home compostable.
The material is made using components of vegetable origin and biodegradable polymers. It is derived from 100% annually renewable with low environmental impact. Corn starch is one of the most common crops used; the crop used is grown in Europe with traditional agricultural practices, deforested land or virgin soils are never exploited, and they are not genetically modified.
At the end of it’s life-cycle it, can be converted into compost, which is an excellent soil fertiliser. This is a material that comes from nature and is designed to return to the Earth, with no release of polluting substances - a true closed-loop.
- Made from plants - not made from oil
- Certified as home and industrially compostable
- Sustainable - made from 100% annually renewable sources
- No genetically modified (GM) materials used
- Biodegradable in nature and marine environments
- Zero waste / plastic free packaging that is 100% biodegradable and compostable - read more about our packaging
- Manufactured in the UK by a bioplastic specialist
- Stored and distributed by a green fulfilment company
- Green tint to easily distinguish from regular non-eco products
- Measurements - 15cm x 30cm (big enough to fit the average 500ml wash bottle, if you have a smaller bottle, we'd recommend trying our smaller machine/power supply bags)
- Type - bag
- Available in packs of 100
- European standard EN13432 certification (OK compost INDUSTRIAL / OK compost HOME)
- Seedling certification (European standard EN13432 / Australian Standard AS 4736)
- American Standard ASTM 6400 (as industrially compostable)
- Italian certification CIC
- OK biodegradable SOIL (Test data confirms that this material will biodegrade in nature in a relatively short space of time, even in a marine environment, unlike most other materials. Such properties of a material, cannot be used as an excuse to dump our waste into the environment, but there is a chance your waste could end up there, so the soil and marine biodegradation properties of our equipment coverings, are interesting and important to note).
Our equipment coverings are manufactured by a bioplastic specialist in the UK, in Bradford in West Yorkshire. They have a strong interest in environmental concerns and commented;
“We all know by now, that polythene (plastic) bags can take hundreds of years to degrade, that our landfill sites are overflowing and that our environment needs our help. We believe that we can all make a small change to protect our planet when we use bioplastics.”
All of our products are manufactured in the UK, and are produced using just two manufacturers, and two materials. The same manufacturers also pack our products, avoiding even more greenhouse gas emissions from transportation. If everything is manufactured and packed in just two factories, using just two materials, then the journeys that the products have to make from source to completion are reduced to a minimum, reducing the overall carbon footprint.
Store in a cool dry place